[ovirt-users] ovirt 4.1 : Can't install guest tools for Zentyal 5.0 (based on ubuntu 16.04 xenial)

Tomáš Golembiovský tgolembi at redhat.com
Mon Aug 7 15:18:18 UTC 2017

On Mon, 7 Aug 2017 16:08:00 +0200
"yayo (j)" <jaganz at gmail.com> wrote:

> > This is the problem!
> >
> > I looked at the packages for conflict and figured the issue is in gnpug.
> > Zentyal repository contains gnupg version 2.1.15-1ubuntu6 which breaks
> > python-apt <= 1.1.0~beta4.
> >

> Ok, thank you! Any workaround (something like packege pinning?) to fix this
> problem?

Package pinning is probably not a good idea. I've noticed that there are
some libraries that require gnupg >= 2.x and you would not be able to
install those. They came from Zentyal repo so I assume they might be
essential for some features.

Better workaround is to download newer python-apt from here [1] and
install it manually with dpkg. The guest agent seems to work OK with it.
There's much less chance of breaking something else, also newer
python-apt will be picked-up automatically on upgrades.

    Tomas

[1] https://packages.ubuntu.com/yakkety/python-apt

--
Tomáš Golembiovský <tgolembi at redhat.com>