[ovirt-users] Install ovirt on Azure

Yaniv Kaul ykaul at redhat.com
Mon Aug 7 18:51:15 UTC 2017

On Mon, Aug 7, 2017 at 1:52 PM, Karli Sjöberg <karli at inparadise.se> wrote:

> On mån, 2017-08-07 at 12:46 +0200, Johan Bernhardsson wrote:
> > There is no point on doing that as azure is a cloud in itself and
> > ovirt
> > is to build your own virtual environment to deploy on local hardware.
>
> Yeah, of course and I think Grzegorz knows that. But for people in the
> testing, evaluating stage, making it a virtualized environment gives a
> greater flexibility. Easier to test without having to buy any metal.

The Engine can be installed anywhere. The hosts - a bit more tricky. Does
Azure expose virtualization capable CPU?

Note you can use Lago[1], which we use as our CI tool (with
ovirt-system-tests[2]) - which uses nested virtualization on top of a
single host (my laptop with 8GB runs it).

There's a hyper-converged suite and a regular suite there. They support
Gluster, NFS, iSCSI and many many features can be evaluated on it.
Y.

[1] http://lago.readthedocs.io/en/latest/README.html
[2] http://ovirt-system-tests.readthedocs.io/en/latest/