[ovirt-users] How to extract root ssh

Yedidyah Bar David didi at redhat.com
Wed Aug 9 14:03:44 UTC 2017

On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 4:35 PM, Fabrice Bacchella
<fabrice.bacchella at orange.fr> wrote:
> oVirt own a private ssh keys that it can use to do remote installation on
> host, instead of using a password. But I didn't found at
> https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_virtualization/4.1/html/rest_api_guide/
> how to find it's public key. Where can I found it ?

For the public key, see:

http://www.ovirt.org/develop/release-management/features/infra/pki/#services

Not sure if it's part of the API, or if it should be - adding Juan.

For the private key, see:

http://www.ovirt.org/develop/release-management/features/infra/pki/#file-locations

This is definitely not part of the API, although I do not expect
it to change any time soon.

E.g., this should work, as root from the engine machine:

ssh -i /etc/pki/ovirt-engine/keys/engine_id_rsa $host

But note that it will prompt you to save the host's public key
to your known_hosts file. AFAICT the engine does not save them
anywhere, and only saves in the database, and verifies when
needed, their fingerprint.

Best,
--
Didi