[ovirt-users] ovirt-engine service crash

Andrew Dent adent at ctcroydon.com.au
Sat Aug 12 11:39:45 UTC 2017

Hi

I have a hosted-engine 4.1.2.2-1.el7.centos setup
The ovirt-engine service crashed and this is the result of querying the
status of the service.
Restarting the service works, but then about 10 minutes later while
using the GUI it will crash again.
I don't seem to need to restart apache or the webproxy services, though
if I do restart those two, the ovirt-engine service will still crash ~10
minutes later.
How can I fix this, and where to I look for more hints as to why this is
happening?

Redirecting to /bin/systemctl status  ovirt-engine.service
● ovirt-engine.service - oVirt Engine
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/ovirt-engine.service; enabled;
vendor preset: disabled)
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Sat 2017-08-12 21:01:52 AEST;
2min 14s ago
  Process: 2028
ExecStart=/usr/share/ovirt-engine/services/ovirt-engine/ovirt-engine.py
--redirect-output --systemd=notify $EXTRA_ARGS start (code=exited,
status=1/FAILURE)
Main PID: 2028 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Kind regards

Andrew Dent