[ovirt-users] VM with attached host USB device failed to run

Michal Skrivanek michal.skrivanek at redhat.com
Fri Aug 18 08:29:20 UTC 2017

> On 18 Aug 2017, at 08:23, Дровалев Роман <drovalev at miac.kaluga.ru> wrote:
>
> Hello, Please  help!
>
> Does anyone have a working USB forwarding in a virtual machine? If
> "YES", how did you solve this problem?

well, yes.
But unless you share a bit about what your problem is I doubt it’s of any help…
are you talking about passing through a host usb controller into a VM? Is your host capable of proper hardware device isolation? If not, it may need some workarounds. Going through [1] might help too, most of the constraints are applicable to USB passthrough as well

Thanks,
michal

[1] https://mpolednik.github.io/2017/03/19/hostdev-passthrough-pci/