[ovirt-users] Data domain on engine host

Mitchell Smith mitchinseattle2014 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 17:20:23 UTC 2017

Hi List,

I am in the process of deploying ovirt in a lab environment before implementing it in production.

My lab consists of three compute hosts and one engine host.

I am using the 4.2 nightly builds in this lab environment, mainly because I want to test the OVN functionality.

I wanted to add a NFS data domain on the engine host to store VM templates and ISO images, however when I go in to Storage -> Domains -> New and try and add a NFS domain, it only gives me the three compute hosts to create storage on, I’m guessing because the engine host doesn’t have VDSM installed.

Is there a way to do this, so I can make use of the considerable free space on the engine host, or do I have to add it as a compute host running VDSM, and if so how can I flag this host so no VMs get deployed on it, I only want to use the storage capacity.

Any feedback or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Mitch