[ovirt-users] Import task stuck in 'Tasks'

Wesley Stewart wstewart3 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 01:10:33 UTC 2017

I had an issue importing VMs from an export domain I was trying out.  The
template would fail to copy over, and be stuck in a "paused" state where I
could not delete or modify the VM.  I was able to fix this by dropping into
the SQL database and running:

*psql engine -c "SELECT vm_guid, vm_name from vm_static WHERE vm_name =
'VM_Name_Here';"*

*psql engine -c "update vm_dynamic SET status=0 where
vm_guid='LongStringFromFirstCommand;"*

This was able to set the status to a state where I could delete the VM, but
now I still see the "import" task in the task log.

I did some more database diving and found that if i ran:

*SELECT * FROM audit_log WHERE vm_name = 'VM_Template_Name_Here';*

These entries seem to correspond with the audit entries. Can I simply
delete these entries from "audit_log"? Or would this cause problems?

Or perhaps, to be safe, I should just see if I can set them to "Completed"

As always, thanks!