[ovirt-users] automatic creation of single host cluster

Fabrice Bacchella fabrice.bacchella at orange.fr
Wed Aug 23 10:11:53 UTC 2017

I'm still playing with my sdk4 python wrapper (https://github.com/fbacchella/ovirtcmd).

In the last update, I tried to make writing of custom script simpler.

As an example, i wrote a wrapper for single node cluster installation.

I have a bunch of old ProLiant DL185 G5. I configured them to be single-node cluster. I create two disks on them, one will be system, the second on will be directly used by oVirt, without a file system on it. Three VLAN are added to the server. It used with:

    ovcmd eval -v host_name $hostname samples/single_node_cluster.py

The code for this script is found at https://github.com/fbacchella/ovirtcmd/blob/master/samples/single_node_cluster.py