[ovirt-users] oVirt 4.1.5 Finally GlusterFS via lbgfapi

Ralf Schenk rs at databay.de
Fri Aug 25 11:40:15 UTC 2017

Hello,

I'm using the DNS Balancing gluster hostname for years now, not only
with ovirt. No software so far had a problem. And setting the hostname
to only one Host of course breaks one advantage of a
distributed/replicated Cluster File-System like loadbalancing the
connections to the storage and/or failover if one host is missing. In
earlier ovirt it wasn't possible to specify something like
"backupvolfile-server" for a High-Available hosted-engine rollout (which
I use).

I already used live migration in such a setup. This was done with pure
libvirt setup/virsh and later using OpenNebula.

Bye

--

*Ralf Schenk*
fon +49 (0) 24 05 / 40 83 70

*Databay AG*
Jens-Otto-Krag-Straße 11
D-52146 Würselen
*www.databay.de* <http://www.databay.de>

Sitz/Amtsgericht Aachen • HRB:8437 • USt-IdNr.: DE 210844202
Vorstand: Ralf Schenk, Dipl.-Ing. Jens Conze, Aresch Yavari, Dipl.-Kfm.
Philipp Hermanns
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Wilhelm Dohmen