[ovirt-users] Ovirt 4.1 testing backup and restore Self-hosted Engine

wodel youchi wodel.youchi at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 22:15:07 UTC 2017

Hi again,

I redid the test again, I re-read the Self-Hosted Engine documentation,
there is a link to a RedHat article
https://access.redhat.com/solutions/1517683 which talks about how to remove
the dead hostedEngine VM from the web admin portal.

But the article does not talk about how to remove the old hosted engine
storage, and this is what causes the problem.

This storage is still pointing to the old iscsi disk used by the dead
Manager, it's is down, but the new manager cannot detach it, saying that
the storage domain doesn't exist, which is right, but how to force the
Manager to delete it? I have no idea, I tried to remove it with REST API,
without luck.

I tried to import the new hosted storage, but the system said: the storage
name is already in use. So I am stuck.

any idea? do I have to delete it from the database? if yes how?

Regards.