[ovirt-users] Centos 7.3 ovirt 4.0.6 Can't add host to cluster collectd or collectd-disk not found - SOLVED

Claudio Soprano Claudio.Soprano at lnf.infn.it
Wed Aug 30 10:25:34 UTC 2017

More investigation on this for you :)

the bug is only on CentOS v7.3 infact on previous hosts with CentOS <
v7.3 i have no problem about the name of the network.

I discovered also that i don't need only to rename the network name, but
also the vnic profile associated, infact with network name def, and vnic
profile default, it still didn't work, renamed network name and vnic
profile to def both, now works on CentOS v7.3 with no errors also from GUI.

when i create a network both network name and vnic profile are called
the same (for my it was default).

Hope that my info can help you.

Another boring issues is that i need to detach the network to all the
hosts to rename only, but also to change the network on all VMs that use
it also if they are stopped, i was lucky only 2 VMs and only 4 hosts,
but i can't imagine people have 40-50 hosts and maybe 100-200 VMs on a
network.

Anyway now i have Centos V7.3 and V7.2 hosts both working.

Claudio

--

LNF-INFN                       e-mail: Claudio.Soprano at lnf.infn.it