[ovirt-users] hyperconverged question

Charles Kozler ckozleriii at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 14:39:28 UTC 2017

Hello -

I have successfully created a hyperconverged hosted engine setup consisting
of 3 nodes - 2 for VM's and the third purely for storage. I manually
configured it all, did not use ovirt node or anything. Built the gluster
volumes myself

However, I noticed that when setting up the hosted engine and even when
adding a new storage domain with glusterfs type, it still asks for
hostname:/volumename

This leads me to believe that if that one node goes down (ex: node1:/data),
then ovirt engine wont be able to communicate with that volume because its
trying to reach it on node 1 and thus, go down

I know glusterfs fuse client can connect to all nodes to provide
failover/ha but how does the engine handle this?