[ovirt-users] hyperconverged question

Charles Kozler ckozleriii at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 19:30:06 UTC 2017

So I've tested this today and I failed a node. Specifically, I setup a
glusterfs domain and selected "host to use: node1". Set it up and then
failed that VM

However, this did not work and the datacenter went down. My engine stayed
up, however, it seems configuring a domain to pin to a host to use will
obviously cause it to fail

This seems counter-intuitive to the point of glusterfs or any redundant
storage. If a single host has to be tied to its function, this introduces a
single point of failure

Am I missing something obvious?