[ovirt-users] how to setup image-io-proxy after initially disabling it

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 21:22:53 UTC 2017

Hello,
I'm on oVirt 4.1.7, the latest in 4.1 right now.
Initially in engine-setup when prompted I set Image I/O Proxy to false.

          Configure Image I/O Proxy               : False

Now instead I would like to enable it, but if I run engine-setup I can't
find a way to do it. I can only confirm the settings in a whole or exit the
setup...
How can I do?

Currently I have these packages already installed on the system

ovirt-imageio-proxy-setup-1.0.0-0.201701151456.git89ae3b4.el7.centos.noarch
ovirt-imageio-proxy-1.0.0-0.201701151456.git89ae3b4.el7.centos.noarch
and
[root at ovirt ~]# systemctl status ovirt-imageio-proxy
● ovirt-imageio-proxy.service - oVirt ImageIO Proxy
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/ovirt-imageio-proxy.service;
disabled; vendor preset: disabled)
   Active: inactive (dead)
[root at ovirt ~]#

Can I simply and manually enable/start the service through systemctl
commands?

The same question arises in case I had not / had enabled  VMConsole Proxy
and/or WebSocket Proxy during install and in a second time I want to enable
/ diable them.

Thanks,
Gianluca