[ovirt-users] Failed deply of ovirt-engine using ovirt-node-ng-installer-ovirt-4.2-pre-2017120512.iso

Roberto Nunin robnunin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 09:02:17 UTC 2017

I'm having trouble to deploy one three host hyperconverged lab using
iso-image named above.

My test environment is based on HPE BL680cG7 blade servers.
These servers has 6 physical 10GB network interfaces (flexNIC), each one
with four profiles (ethernet,FCoE,iSCSI,etc).

I choose one of these six phys interfaces (enp5s0f0) and assigned it a
static IPv4 address, for each node.

After node reboot, interface ONBOOT param is still set to no.
Changed via iLO interface to yes and restarted network. Fine.

After gluster setup, with gdeploy script under Cockpit interface, avoiding
errors coming from :
/usr/share/gdepply/scripts/blacklist_all_disks.sh, start hosted-engine
deploy.

With the new version, I'm having an error never seen before:

The Engine VM (10.114.60.117) and this host (10.114.60.134/24) will not be
in the same IP subnet. Static routing configuration are not supported on
automatic VM configuration.
 Failed to execute stage 'Environment customization': The Engine VM
(10.114.60.117) and this host (10.114.60.134/24) will not be in the same IP
subnet. Static routing configuration are not supported on automatic VM
configuration.
 Hosted Engine deployment failed.

There's no input field for HE subnet mask. Anyway in our class-c ovirt
management network these ARE in the same subnet.
How to recover from this ? I cannot add /24 CIDR in HE Static IP address
field, it isn't allowed.

Moreover, VM FQDN is asked two times during the deploy process. It's
correct ?

Some additional, general questions:
NetworkManager: must be disabled deploying HCI solution ? In my attempt,
wasn't disabled.
There's some document to follow to perform a correct deploy ?
Is this one still "valid" ? :
https://ovirt.org/blog/2017/04/up-and-running-with-ovirt-4.1-and-gluster-storage/

Attached hosted-engine-setup log.
TIA