[ovirt-users] hosted engine and about more than 1000 vms

Yaniv Kaul ykaul at redhat.com
Wed Dec 6 10:21:07 UTC 2017

On Fri, Dec 1, 2017 at 3:42 AM, 董青龙 <ddqlo at 126.com> wrote:

> Hi, all
>         We want to deploy an environment of hosted engine which will
> manage more than 1000 vms. How many vcpus and memory should we give to
> hosted engine? And are there any other things should we pay attention to?
> Hope someone can help. Thanks!

More than memory and CPU, you should be concerned with disk performance -
specifically for the database. The slowest part of the system would be
queries to the database, those that are not cached or are fairly large and
therefore require some temp. storage space.
Ensuring it's on high-performance media (SSD/NVMe) is probably very
important.

Other than that, I think a 32GB RAM and 8 vCPUs should suffice. But you can
increase later if needed.
Y.