[ovirt-users] Standalone Gluster Storage

Beau Sapach bsapach at ualberta.ca
Mon Dec 11 19:44:40 UTC 2017

We've been doing some experimenting with gluster, and have built a
stand-alone gluster cluster (not managed by oVirt).  We've been able to
create a storage domain backed by that gluster cluster and run VMs with
their disks on that storage.

The problem we have is that when we take a gluster node down for updates,
maintenance etc. the entire storage domain goes offline in oVirt.  Other
gluster clients, that is servers connecting directly to the gluster cluster
don't seem to notice if one node goes offline.

Is anyone else using gluster storage in oVirt that is not managed within
oVirt?

--
Beau Sapach
*System Administrator | Information Technology Services | University of
*Phone: 780.492.4181 | Email: Beau.Sapach at ualberta.ca
<Beau.Sapach at ualberta.ca>*