[ovirt-users] Q: Partitioning - oVirt 4.1 & GlusterFS 2-node System

Andrei V andreil1 at starlett.lv
Wed Dec 13 22:51:04 UTC 2017

Hi, Donny,

Thanks for the link.

Am I understood correctly that I'm need at least 3-node system to run in
failover mode? So far I'm plan to deploy only 2 nodes, either with
hosted either with bare metal engine.

/The key thing to keep in mind regarding host maintenance and downtime
is that this *converged  three node system relies on having at least two
of the nodes up at all times*. If you bring down  two machines at once,
you'll run afoul of the Gluster quorum rules that guard us from
split-brain states in our storage, the volumes served by your remaining
host will go read-only, and the VMs stored on those volumes will pause
and require a shutdown and restart in order to run again./

What happens if in 2-node glusterfs system (with hosted engine) one node
goes down?
Bare metal engine can manage this situation, but I'm not sure about
hosted engine.