[ovirt-users] oVirt Node 4.1 question, writing files to /root and RPMs

Matt Simonsen matt at khoza.com
Fri Dec 15 01:08:55 UTC 2017

Hello all,

I read at https://www.ovirt.org/develop/projects/node/troubleshooting/
that "Changes made from the command line are done at your own risk.
Making changes has the potential to leave your system in an unusable
state." It seems clear that RPMs should not be installed.

Is this accurate for https://www.ovirt.org/node/ ?

We have added smartctl and hpacucli in order to do disk and RAID
monitoring. So far our node servers have retained changes across
reboots, which is the primary reason I'm wondering if perhaps this
applies to an older version of oVirt Node.

If what we have been doing is not supported, what is the suggested
method to do do hardware monitoring (in particular disks)?

Thanks
Matt