[ovirt-users] Q: oVirt Node Update Wiped my Updates

Andrei V andreil1 at starlett.lv
Mon Dec 18 23:54:46 UTC 2017

Hi !

I have updated today oVirt node 4.1 via yum, installed from oVirt DVD.
Update was a minor version change.
Now all software I had installed, including mc, Samba, etc. have been
lost. Looks like oVirt node is being updated with whole system 600MB
image, not just with rpms (please correct if I'm wrong here).

Keeping my manually installed software is crucial, since it has UPS and
hardware RAID monitor.

Can anyone suggest if this is normal behavior or a single glitch ?

So far I found only this instruction for node installation:
https://www.ovirt.org/documentation/install-guide/chap-oVirt_Nodes/

And it uses pre-made DVD ISO, not manual install with RHEL/CentOS DVD
and RPMs from yum repository.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion(s).
Andrei