[ovirt-users] Ovirt with Hosted Engine and 4 Hosts

Gabriel Stein gabrielstein at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 09:35:48 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I know, that oVirt with Hosted Engine requires  a replica 3 glusterfs
volume, but I'm using 4 nodes and  I would like to know if is possible to
add it to the glusterfs engine volume.

Or should I always use 3, 5 and 7 hosts with hosted-engine?

What I'm doing:

gluster volume add-brick engine server1:/gluster/engine/brick1
server2:/gluster/engine/brick1 server3:/gluster/engine/brick1
server4:/gluster/engine/brick1

Error:
volume add-brick: failed: Incorrect number of bricks supplied 4 with count 3

If I'm using replica 3 will not be possible, but how can I upgrade it?
Adding 2 more nodes and upgrade to replica 5?

Thanks in Advance!

Best Regards

Gabriel Stein

Gabriel Stein