[ovirt-users] Upgrade to 4.2 Postgresql Error

Gabriel Stein gabrielstein at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 15:07:53 UTC 2017

Hi!

well, I'm a update fever and I decided to update my ovirt to 4.2.0.

How I'm doingi it?

I'm following the rules!

1 - Global Maintenance Mode
2 - Yum Install ovirt-release-4.2
3- yum update ovirt-setup*.

But, by the engine-setup I have a conflict with the system collation and
postgresql. Unfortunatelly I changed via puppet to the german
collation(de_DE-UTF8) of ovirt-engine hosted vm(because it's a standard for
us) but this was after the engine-setup and the DB Configuration from
Postgresql.

I think that I can easily change the system collation to us-US-UFT8 but I'm
afraid that I can "destroy" my hosted-engine VM with that change, is
hosted-engine so sensible?

How I know that error?  The logs are saying that(and the error in on
postgresql upgrade part of setup)!

*Performing Consistency Checks*
*-----------------------------*
*Checking cluster versions                                   ok*
*Checking database user is the install user                  ok*
*Checking database connection settings                       ok*
*Checking for prepared transactions                          ok*
*Checking for reg* system OID user data types                ok*
*Checking for contrib/isn with bigint-passing mismatch       ok*
*Checking for invalid "line" user columns                    ok*
*Creating dump of global objects                             ok*
*Creating dump of database schemas*
*  engine*
*  ovirt_engine_history*
*  postgres*
*  template1*
*                                                            ok*

*lc_collate values for database "postgres" do not match:  old
"en_US.UTF-8", new "de_DE.UTF-8"*
*Failure, exiting*

I would be thankful if someone could give me some hint about that!

Best Regards,

Gabriel
PS: If I go to devconf in Brno I will pay a lot of beers to the developer
of the engine-setup rollback! Saved my life!

Gabriel Stein