[ovirt-users] took the plunge to 4.2 but not so sure it was a good idea

Jason Keltz jas at cse.yorku.ca
Sat Dec 23 22:38:26 UTC 2017

Hi..

I took the plunge to 4.2, but I think maybe I should have waited a bit...

Initially, after upgrade to 4.2, the status of many of my hosts changed
from "server" to "desktop".  That's okay - I can change them back.

My first VM, "archive", I had the ability to access console after the
upgrade.  I rebooted archive, and I lost the ability (option is grayed
out).  The VM boots, but I need access to the console.

My second VM is called "dist".    That one, ovirt says is running, but I
can't access it, can't ping it, and there's no console either, so I
literally can't get to it. I can reboot it, and shut it down, but it
would be helpful to be able to access it.   What to do?

I've very afraid to reboot my engine because it seems like when I reboot
hosts, I lose access to console.

In addition, when I try to check for "host updates", I get an error that
it can't check for host updates.  I ran a yum update on the hosts (after
upgrading repo to 4.2 and doing a yum update) and all I'm looking for it
to do is clear status, but it doesn't seem to work.

Let me know the exact log files to provide, and I will provide details.

Thanks!

Jason.