[ovirt-users] VDSM version is not supported for FirewallD

Michael Burman mburman at redhat.com
Tue Dec 26 07:52:29 UTC 2017

Hi,

I think that you trying to add the node VDSM version 4.19.28(vdsm 4.1) to
an 4.2 cluster which configured with firewalld.
You can change the type cluster to iptables or better add this node to a
cluster 4.1 with iptables type(note that the default type for 4.1 cluster
is firewalld as well). The type can be changed via edit cluster in the
Firewall Type field.

Cheers)

On Tue, Dec 26, 2017 at 3:14 AM, 潘友明 <pym0914 at 163.com> wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I recently built ovirt, which I compiled through source code version 4.2.0
> ovirt.
> The following error occurred when I added the node :
>
> "
> TASK [ovirt-host-deploy-libvirt-guests : Setup the configuration file]
> *********
> skipping: [10.100.211.106]
>
> TASK [ovirt-host-deploy-libvirt-guests : Start libvirt-guests service and
> ensure its enabled] ***
> skipping: [10.100.211.106]
>
> TASK [ovirt-host-deploy-firewalld : Check if VDSM version is supported for
> FirewallD] ***
> fatal: [10.100.211.106]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "msg": "VDSM
> version 4.19.28 is not supported for FirewallD."}
>
> PLAY RECAP ************************************************************
> *********
> 10.100.211.106             : ok=3    changed=0    unreachable=0    failed=1
> "
>
> Now I should choose which version of VDSM, or there are other better
> solutions.
> Thank you

Michael Burman

Quality engineer - rhv network - redhat israel

Red Hat

<https://www.redhat.com>

mburman at redhat.com    M: 0545355725     IM: mburman
<https://red.ht/sig>