[ovirt-users] VM has been paused due to storage I/O problem

Nir Soffer nsoffer at redhat.com
Thu Feb 2 14:51:01 UTC 2017

On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 4:42 PM, Gianluca Cecchi
<gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 3:30 PM, Nir Soffer <nsoffer at redhat.com> wrote:
>>

>> If you don't have a vdsm.conf file, or the file is empty, you can
>> generate a new file
>> like this:
>>
>> python /usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/vdsm/config.py >
>> vdsm.conf.examle
>

> thanks.
> It seems that the package python-libs-2.7.5-48.el7.x86_64 actually uses
> /usr/lib path instead of /usr/lib64...
> What worked
> python /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/vdsm/config.py > vdsm.conf.example

Indeed, my mistake, we move do lib several versions ago.

>> > with host into maintenance mode or could it be active?
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> >

> Can you confirm that the host can be active when I restart vdsmd service?

Sure. This may abort a storage operation if one is running when you restart
vdsm, but vdsm is designed so you can restart or kill it safely.

For example, if you abort a disk copy in the middle, the operation will fail
and the destination disk will be deleted.

If you want to avoid such issue, you can put a host to maintenance, but this
requires migration of vms to other hosts.

Nir