[ovirt-users] Infiniband migration network

Giorgio Biacchi giorgio at di.unimi.it
Thu Feb 2 15:19:19 UTC 2017

Hi,
you cant bridge infiniband. You have to set the network as "no VM network" so it
will not be bridged.

I have a similar setup where Infiniband is used for data domain mount and vm
migrations and to have it working in connected mode with a MTU of 65520 you also
need a couple of vdsm hooks on all the hypervisors.

Regards

On 02/02/2017 03:57 PM, Logan Kuhn wrote:
> We are starting to scale and have started to notice the limitations of using the
> default network for everything.  We have infiniband in our vm hosts and would
> like to use that as our migration network, but haven't figured out how.
> Creating a logical network and assigning it to one of the infiniband networks
> doesn't seem to work because infiniband doesn't handle bridging well.
>
> Regards,
> Logan

gb

PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu/
Primary key fingerprint: C510 0765 943E EBED A4F2 69D3 16CC DC90 B9CB 0F34