[ovirt-users] oVirt Engine 4.1 fails on specifying interface for ovirtmgmt

Michael Burman mburman at redhat.com
Sun Feb 5 08:30:06 UTC 2017

Hi

Karil, it is seems like you didn't configured the vlan device eno1.1
properly before you run hosted-engine --deploy.
How did you configured it?
If the vlan device was properly configured then you should have seen
something like :
Please indicate a nic to set ovirtmgmt bridge on: (eno1, eno1.1) [eno1]:

Regards,

On Sun, Feb 5, 2017 at 9:03 AM, Yedidyah Bar David <didi at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 3:19 PM, Karli Sjöberg <karli.sjoberg at slu.se>
> wrote:
> > Heya!
> >
> > I´m trying to complete 'hosted-engine --deploy' but I´m stuck at:
> > Please indicate a nic to set ovirtmgmt bridge on: (eno1) [eno1]: eno1.1
> > [ ERROR ] Invalid value
>
> This should generally work. Is the vlan interface configured, before you
> run deploy?
>
> Please share both runs' logs. Thanks.
>
> Adding Simone.
>

> > As you can see it´s a vlan-tagged interface. If I type in just 'eno1',
> > the setup continues but fails obviously since it´s the wrong network.
> >
> > Any pointers?
> >
> > /K
>

> --
> Didi