[ovirt-users] How to update ovirt nodes

Yedidyah Bar David didi at redhat.com
Sun Feb 5 10:39:22 UTC 2017

(Re-adding the list)

On Sun, Feb 5, 2017 at 12:23 PM, Shalabh Goel <shalabhgoel13 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes and no. First I did install ovirtrelease41 rpm in both nodes. Then in
> one of the nodes, I started upgrade from the court engine administration
> portal.
> The second node developed some other problem and hence I had to remove it
> from the court engine and I reinstalled ovirt 4.0.3 ng and then upgraded it
> before adding it to the engine. It got upgraded successfully and I rebooted
> and logged into 4.1 too.
>
> But I am getting the same error for both the nodes. The first one was moved
> to non operational state by the engine. The second one is not getting added.
>
> My VMs are in a third storage node *(NFS). I have not yet upgraded it since
> other two upgrades failed.
>
> BTW I have changed the compatibility of cluster and data centre to 4.1.

Your current state is not fully clear. Can you please describe it in detail?

How many hosts do you have? What's the state of each in the engine?

Do you have VMs that are ok? And if so, is it important to not stop them?

In any case, if you have hosts that do not have VMs on them, and in whatever
state, it's probably simplest to move them to maintenance, remove from the
engine, reinstall the OS, then try to add them.

If you try to add a host and it fails, please check/attach engine.log and
host-deploy log.

If you fail to activate a host, please check/attach engine.log.

Best,

--
Didi