[ovirt-users] USB 2.0 compatibility

Jonathan Woytek woytek at dryrose.com
Wed Feb 8 06:35:47 UTC 2017

Hello all. Please forgive me if this is covered officially somewhere, but
my google-fu has been unable to help me find much recent information. I
have a couple of devices (RTL SDR's) that require USB 2.0, but the pass
through seems to only support a virtual 1.1 hub for devices. The devices
are correctly recognized and configured by the hypervisor host, but when
connected to a VM, they show up on a 1.1 hub, and the driver fails to load
as a result.

I have found some older information that only USB 1.1 devices were
supported via USB pass through. I haven't found much newer information,
though, and also couldn't find newer problem reports.

I'm running 4.1, upgraded from a 4.0 installation, on Centos 7.

I was hoping to build a little RF capture and analysis cluster using
several of these devices, but this is a bit of a roadblock! Any ideas?

Jonathan
--
Sent from my Commodore64