[ovirt-users] Host DNS

Todd Punderson punderstorm93 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 00:55:46 UTC 2017

I changed my DNS servers since installing my hosted engine and hosts. I've
manually set my /etc/resolv.conf to have the correct nameserver entries.
But I found when I rebooted that it was being overwritten. I did some
googling and found that in /var/lib/vdsm/persistence/netconf/nets/ovirtmgmt
(My management network name) there is a nameservers config that gets
applied when vdsm starts which updated my ifcfg files. I edited that file
to include my correct name servers.

Now, if I choose a host, go to the network interfaces tab, then click
"Setup Host Network" when I exit out with the "Save" checkbox checked, the
file in the vdsm directory is being changed back to my old nameserver entry.

I searched all over the hosted engine UI and I can't find where that's old
entry is coming from. Where do I go to change this?
Thanks