[ovirt-users] Manually starting VMs via vdsClient (HE offline)

Doug Ingham dougti at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 14:55:03 UTC 2017

Hi Dan,

On 8 February 2017 at 18:26, Dan Yasny <dyasny at gmail.com> wrote:

> But seriously, above all, I'd recommend you backup the engine (it comes
> with a utility) often and well. I do it via cron every hour in production,
> keeping a rotation of hourly and daily backups, just in case. It doesn't
> take much space or resources, but it's more than just best practice - that
> database is the summary of the entire setup.

If you don't mind, may I ask what process you use for backing up your
engine? If you use HE, do you keep one server dedicated to just that VM?
I've not had that particular issue in the restore process yet, however I
read that it's recommended the HE host is free of virtual load before the
backup takes place. And as they need to be done frequently, I'm reading
that as a dedicated host...

--
Doug