[ovirt-users] high number of IOPS from ovirt hosts

Andrea Fagiani andrea.fagiani at immobiliare.it
Fri Feb 10 11:46:36 UTC 2017

Hi,

We've got a 8-host cluster running oVirt 4.1; each host is connected via
iscsi to a EQL 4100 storage (2x).
Most of the VMs use barely any IOPS, however on our storage controller
we've noticed a constant steam of reads, about 2000 IOPS; any idea what
might cause the ovirt hosts to hammer on the storage so much?

Looking at iotop, it seems that systemd-udevd is being activated every
few seconds (and its IO% is usually fairly high) so I assume this might
be somehow related.

Thanks,
Andrea