[ovirt-users] Gluster storage question

Bartosiak-Jentys, Chris chris.bartosiak-jentys at certico.co.uk
Sat Feb 11 18:39:09 UTC 2017

Thank you for your reply Doug,

I didn't use localhost as I was preparing to follow instructions (blog
post:
http://community.redhat.com/blog/2014/11/up-and-running-with-ovirt-3-5-part-two/)
 for setting up CTDB and had already created hostnames for the floating
IP when I decided to ditch that and go with the hosts file hack. I
already had the volumes mounted on those hostnames but you are
absolutely right, simply using localhost would be the best option.

Thank you for your suggested outline of how to power up/down the
cluster, I hadn't considered the fact that turning on two out of date
nodes would clobber data on the new node. This is something I will need
to be very careful to avoid. The setup is mostly for lab work so not
really mission critical but I do run a few VM's (freeIPA, GitLab and
pfSense) that I'd like to keep up 24/7. I make regular backups (outside
of ovirt) of those just in case.

Thanks, I will do some reading on how gluster handles quorum and heal
operations but your procedure sounds like a sensible way to operate this
cluster.

Regards,

Chris.

--

Chris Bartosiak-Jentys
Certico
e-mail: chris at certico.co.uk
www.certico.co.uk [1]

-------------------------

Confidentiality Notice: the information contained in this email and any
attachments may be legally privileged and confidential.
If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution, or copying of this e-mail is strictly
prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and
permanently delete the e-mail and any attachments immediately.
You should not retain, copy or use this e-mail or any attachments for
any purpose, nor disclose all or any part of the contents to any other
person.
Certico is a trading name of "Certico Trading Limited" England & Wales
registered company no. 5819172.

Links:
------
[1] https://www.certico.co.uk