[ovirt-users] Exporting VM as ova

Shahar Havivi shavivi at redhat.com
Mon Feb 13 06:27:21 UTC 2017

They must have written it - as we did,
OVA is representation of current hypervisor virtual machine, it contains
OVF which is xml representation of the VM and binary disk files, the files
are the format of the specific hypervisor (Xen, VMWare or KVM).
We currently convert from VMWare and Xen on Rhel (not Citrix).
The main issue is to convert the disk from one hypervisor to another, we
use qemu-img to convert to qcow2 or raw disk format.

 Shahar.