[ovirt-users] Disaster Recovery Testing

Gary Lloyd g.lloyd at keele.ac.uk
Wed Feb 15 12:32:46 UTC 2017

Hi

We currently use direct lun for our virtual machines and I would like to
move away from doing this and move onto storage domains.

At the moment we are using an ISCSI SAN and we use on replicas created on
the SAN for disaster recovery.

As a test I thought I would replicate an existing storage domain's volume
(via the SAN) and try to mount again as a separate storage domain (This is
with ovirt 4.06 (cluster mode 3.6))

I can log into the iscsi disk but then nothing gets listed under Storage
Name / Storage ID (VG Name)

Should this be possible or will it not work due the the uids being
identical ?

Many Thanks

*Gary Lloyd*
I.T. Systems:Keele University