[ovirt-users] GSoC 2017 - my name is Marcin

Rafael Martins rmartins at redhat.com
Wed Feb 15 12:55:50 UTC 2017

Hi Marcin,

On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 10:53 PM, Marcin Czarnecki <marnczarnecki at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am studying Computer Science at the University of Brighton (UK). I am
> interested in participating in Google Summer of Code 2017 with oVirt. I am
> a web security and anonymity enthusiast, tried to work with the Tor Project
> for GSoC 2016 but it did not work out.

Thanks for your interest!

> I have gained a lot of related experience during university, internship
> and my freelancing work, I could use this experience in your suggested
> projects:
> * VMs: I have experience with vSphere and deploying VMs of test clients in
> the company that I am doing my internship for
> * Ansible: I have created multiple playbooks for installing monitoring on
> test clients: Nagios, Graylog etc. (both on Windows, Linux [Ubuntu, RHEL]
> * my main interest is back-end web development, have been doing that for 3
> years professionally, as well as projects on my own. Can provide with
> portfolio and customers' reviews
> * I also have some experience with automation in general: testing,
> installation of services etc.
>
> I think that with those skills I could try working on below two projects
> from the proposed list:
> * "Host reservation system for testing multiple oVirt instances"
> * "Ansible playbooks for oVirt deployment with remote resources"

We are still in an early phase of GSoC, if oVirt is accepted as an
organization the student applications will start in March 20, you can see
the timeline here:
https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/how-it-works/#timeline

Meanwhile you can consider contacting the listed mentors and discuss the
ideas you have for the projects.

Thanks,
Rafael