[ovirt-users] questions on OVN

Marcin Mirecki mmirecki at redhat.com
Thu Feb 16 09:19:10 UTC 2017

I missed the last line.

A vdsm configuration is created from a default vdsm configuration file
under /etc/vdsm/vdsm.conf. Then it reads conf files from drop-in dirs and
updates the configuration according to the files:

- /etc/vdsm/vdsm.conf - for user configuration. We install this file if
missing, and never touch this file during upgrade.
- /etc/vdsm/vdsm.conf.d/ - for admin drop-in conf files.
- /usr/lib/vdsm/vdsm.conf.d/ - for vendor drop-in configuration files.
- /var/run/vdsm/vdsm.conf.d/ - for admin temporary configuration.

Files with a .conf suffix can be placed into any of the vdsm.conf.d drop-in
directories.

The priority of the configuration files is determined by the number prefix
of each file.