[ovirt-users] questions on OVN

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 09:40:46 UTC 2017

On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 9:54 AM, Marcin Mirecki <mmirecki at redhat.com> wrote:

> OVN is aleady using GENEVE, VXLAN or STT tunnels (the user can choose
> any), so the isolation is already assured.
> The scripts provided by ovirt configure a geneve tunnel.
> You are free so override this manually to vxlan or stt if you want, let me
> know if you need any howto info.

yes, please.
I have used in the mean time the vdsm-tool command that takes care of
creating the default geneve tunnel
In my case
vdsm-tool ovn-config 10.4.168.80 10.4.168.81

but I would like to know how to manually use other types too.
I watched the deep dive demo about ovn but at the bottom of the related
slide there are three lines that should be equivalent to the above command,
something like

ovs-vsctl set open ?  external-ids:ovn-remote=tcp:10.4.168.80:6642
ovs-vsctl set open ?  external-ids:ovn-encap=type=geneve
ovs-vsctl set open ?  external-ids:ovn-encap-ip=10.4.168.81

The ? character seems a dot or a comma, I have not understood the
syntax....
(what are the accepted words for type= in the second line?)

Thanks again,
Gianluca