[ovirt-users] ova conversion errors: where to search?

Tomáš Golembiovský tgolembi at redhat.com
Fri Feb 17 23:42:52 UTC 2017

Hi,

On Fri, 17 Feb 2017 17:54:28 +0100
Gianluca Cecchi <gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> testing some VMware ova imports.
> In a test that I'm doing I get failure in conversion; in engine.log
>
> 2017-02-17 17:39:02,992+01 INFO
>  [org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.exportimport.ConvertVmCallback]
> (DefaultQuartzScheduler4) [59adde47] Conversion of VM from external
> environment failed: Job u'cdb31877-3ebb-400d-88da-1f645b1261ae' process
> failed exit-code: 1
>
> where to find more details regarding reasons for failure? Other files on
> engine or should I see at host side?

There are two places you should look. One is vdsm.log on the host
performing the import. And if you have oVirt 4.1 another place to look
at is /var/log/vdsm/import where the import logs are stored.

> In case I have to import a windows VM ova, which iso should I attach near
> the "Attach VirtIO-Drivers" checkbox? Any "official" iso? I
> downloaded oVirt-toolsSetup-4.1-3.fc24.iso but I don't know if it is the
> right iso for this.

Install virtio-win package somewhere. In it, inside
/usr/share/virtio-win directory, you will find virtio-win-*.iso file.

--
Tomáš Golembiovský <tgolembi at redhat.com>