[ovirt-users] Unable to set up host networks

Michael Watters wattersm at watters.ws
Tue Feb 21 14:50:13 UTC 2017

On 02/21/2017 03:09 AM, Dan Kenigsberg wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 20, 2017 at 6:00 PM, Michael Watters <wattersm at watters.ws> wrote:
>> I am building a new ovirt host running Ovirt 4.0 however I am receiving
>> UI errors when I attempt to define the host networks in the engine.  The
>> engine logs show errors as follows.
>>
>> 2017-02-20 10:53:44,478 ERROR
>> [org.ovirt.engine.core.vdsbroker.vdsbroker.HostSetupNetworksVDSCommand]
>> (default task-358) [653da31a] Exception:
>> org.ovirt.engine.core.vdsbroker.vdsbroker.VDSErrorException:
>> VDSGenericException: VDSErrorException: Failed to HostSetupNetworksVDS,
>> error = Error parsing bonding options: 'miimon=1 updelay=0 downdelay-0
>> mode=802.3ad', code = 25
> Why is there a minus sign in "downdelay-0"? How did it get there? We
> require a space-separated key=value list. The UI should have blocked
> it in a nicer way.

That may be a typo on my part.  When building an ovirt host I always
have to set up networking manually after installing the OS and then
reconfigure the networks through the engine using the GUI.
Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be a simpler way to set up
networking with bonded interfaces and VLAN tagging.