[ovirt-users] best way to remove SAN lun

Adam Litke alitke at redhat.com
Tue Feb 21 16:12:11 UTC 2017

On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 10:19 AM, Gianluca Cecchi <gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hello,
> currently I have a cluster of 3 hosts where each one has FC SAN
> connectivity to 4 LUNs: 3 are already configured as storage domains (1TB,
> 2TB, 4TB), one is free, not allocated.
> See here for screenshot:
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwoPbcrMv8mvRVZZMTlNcTQ5MGs/
> view?usp=sharing
>
> At the moment the command "multipath -l" run on hosts shows all the 4 LUNs.
>
> Now I want to do 2 things at storage array level:
>
> - remove the 2TB storage domain LUN
> - remove the 20Gb LUN not yet allocated
>
> What is the correct workflow, supposing I have already emptied the 2TB
> from VM disks ad such?
> Select 2Tb SD, then Datacenter subtab, then "maintenance", detach" and at
> the end "remove"?

Yes, these should be your first steps.

> I think I continue to see 4 LUNs at this point, correct?

Yes.

> Now I proceed with removal of lun at storage array level?
>
> Should I select an SD line and then "Scan disks" to see refresh the SAN
> and see in multipath only 2 of them at the end?
> Or any manual command at host level before removal from array?

After removing the storage domains you should be able to remove the luns.
I am not extremely familiar with the multipath and low-level scsi commands
but I would try the scan disks button and if the luns are not gone from
your host you can manually remove them.  I think that involves removing the
device from multipath (multipath -d) and deleting it from the scsi
subsystem.

Thanks in advance

Hope this helped you.