[ovirt-users] Questions about network implementation

Edward Haas ehaas at redhat.com
Wed Feb 22 09:27:33 UTC 2017

Hello Ben,

It will help if you provide a diagram of what you would like to achieve,
it may help understand your need better.

With oVirt the VM networks are implemented on the hosts as bridges
with one port bind to a nic/bond/vlan for external access.
The connectivity itself on the switch is a given.

Recently work is under way to use external networks using OVN.
OVN uses OVS to create bridges on the hosts and connects them
using tunnels for interconnectivity.
See https://www.ovirt.org/blog/2016/11/ovirt-provider-ovn for details.

Thanks,
Edy.