[ovirt-users] Fwd: Need documentation

Yaniv Kaul ykaul at redhat.com
Wed Feb 22 10:44:31 UTC 2017

On Wed, Feb 22, 2017 at 11:50 AM Александр Пивушков <pivu at mail.ru> wrote:

> [...]

The Engine itself -
http://www.ovirt.org/documentation/self-hosted/Self-Hosted_Engine_Guide/

> Especially interested in the possibility of physical disconnection from
> the host power supply. fencing.

Configuring hosts -
http://www.ovirt.org/documentation/admin-guide/chap-Hosts/
Virtual machine high availability -
http://www.ovirt.org/documentation/vmm-guide/chap-Administrative_Tasks/

> We plan to buy equipment for the switch-off - PDU.
> Where can I find a list of equipment (PDU), with which oVirt works?

Same link as above, for configuring hosts, has this list:
apc - APC MasterSwitch network power switch. Not for use with APC 5.x power
switch devices.
apc_snmp - Use with APC 5.x power switch devices.
bladecenter - IBM Bladecenter Remote Supervisor Adapter.
cisco_ucs - Cisco Unified Computing System.
drac5 - Dell Remote Access Controller for Dell computers.
drac7 - Dell Remote Access Controller for Dell computers.
eps - ePowerSwitch 8M+ network power switch.
hpblade - HP BladeSystem.
ilo, ilo2, ilo3, ilo4 - HP Integrated Lights-Out.
ipmilan - Intelligent Platform Management Interface and Sun Integrated
Lights Out Management devices.
rsa - IBM Remote Supervisor Adapter.
rsb - Fujitsu-Siemens RSB management interface.
wti - WTI Network Power Switch.

Others can be added as well - generally via the fence-agents package.
Y.