[ovirt-users] import from Oracle VM possible?

Tomáš Golembiovský tgolembi at redhat.com
Thu Feb 23 23:29:42 UTC 2017

On Thu, 23 Feb 2017 17:49:30 +0100
Gianluca Cecchi <gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 5:45 PM, Michal Skrivanek <
> michal.skrivanek at redhat.com> wrote:
>

> > probably not. We can only talk to libvirt hosts and vCenter
> > I’m not even sure that it would work if you manage to be able to talk to
> > it, we do only support Xen and VMware and generic KVM
> >

> > Gianluca
> >

> Where can I find the commands it would run via xen+ssh against Xen to get
> VMs and such...?

As Michal mentioned, virt-v2v uses libvirt to access VMs on Xen. So if
you have a ssh connection working then the following is the next thing
that should work:

    virsh -c 'xen+ssh://root@oracle_vm_host' list --all

If it doesn't, you're out of luck.

After virt-v2v fetches the relevant information about VM it uses ssh
backend driver in Qemu to copy and modify the disks.

If you want to know more details, you probably should check the virt-v2v
sources.

    Tomas

--
Tomáš Golembiovský <tgolembi at redhat.com>