[ovirt-users] Troubleshoot failed storage migration

Adam Litke alitke at redhat.com
Fri Feb 24 14:53:26 UTC 2017

Hi Christian,

I'd start by checking the vdsm log of the SPM host when you are failing to
retry the migration.  This should give more detail about the failure.  It's
possible that you will need to manually remove some LVs on the destination
VG.

On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 4:11 PM, Christian Grenier <CGrenier at b2b2c.com>
wrote:

> I had an outage during live storage migration of a VM disk between two
> iSCSI.
>

> Since the outage prevented Ovirt to cleanly remove stuff on the
> destination iSCSI when the failure occurred, I think there’s leftovers on
> the destination iSCSI. The result is that any further attempt to live
> storage migrate this VM disk fails with error “Cannot create Logical Volume”
>

> How can I troubleshoot / fix this ?
>

> --
> Christian Grenier

Adam Litke