[ovirt-users] How to invoke ovirt-guest-agent hook from ovirt engine SDK ?

Vinzenz Feenstra vfeenstr at redhat.com
Mon Jan 2 07:34:00 UTC 2017

> On Dec 30, 2016, at 11:03 AM, TranceWorldLogic . <tranceworldlogic at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> HI,

Hi there,

> I was exploring more about ovirt-gueste-engin.
> It look to me very easy to configure add add hook as script.
>
> But my doubt is, how to invoke those script from ovirt-engine ?
> Please some one help me to understand this part.
> I am looking into python SDK code to figure out same but still not got luck

Guest agent hooks aren’t triggered through the SDK, hooks are triggered when certain events happen on the hypervisor side.
e.g. A VM gets migrated from HOST A to HOST B or the VM gets suspended. In these cases VDSM _can_ send a message to the guest
agent asking it to process all hooks.

That those hooks are enabled are depending on the migration policy configured. Currently all but the ‘Legacy’  migration policies do cause the hooks to be executed, given a new enough guest agent, VDSM and cluster version.
HTH