[ovirt-users] Overlapping packages in CentOS 7 repo files from ovirt and mirror.centos.org

Richard Chan richard at treeboxsolutions.com
Mon Jan 2 14:41:21 UTC 2017

"The fact you see overlapping versions in oVirt repo and CentOS
Virtualization SIG repositories is due to the fact the two repositories are
independent. You can use either the oVIrt one (built by oVirt release
engineering) or the CentOS one (built by CentOS Virt SIG)."

We are actually ok with using resources.ovirt.org packages but the CentOS
VIrtualization SIG repo was enabled by ovirt-release40-4.0.5-2.noarch
itself:

/etc/yum.repos.d/ovirt-4.0-dependencies.repo:

[centos-ovirt40-release]
name=CentOS-7 - oVirt 4.0
baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/7/virt/$basearch/ovirt-4.0/
gpgcheck=0
enabled=1

This stanza does not use priority= or includepkgs= so is it deterministic
that vdsm comes from resources.ovirt.org?

1. When I did a test run of "yum install vdsm":
 vdsm-* packages were pulled from ovirt-4.0 (yay!)
but
  python-*
  safelease
  ioprocess
  openvswitch
  ovirt-imageio-*
came from centos-ovirt40-release.

2. To be deterministic, i.e., force vdsm* from ovirt-4.0 insteaad of
accidentally getting from CentOS SIG,  I am considering (similar to the
epel repo stanza)

[centos-ovirt40-release]
name=CentOS-7 - oVirt 4.0
baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/7/virt/$basearch/ovirt-4.0/
includepkgs=python-* safelease ioprocess openvswitch ovirt-imageio-*
## or exclude=vdsm*
gpgcheck=0
enabled=1

What do you think about this tightening? Thanks.