[ovirt-users] Optimizations for VoIP VM

Chris Adams cma at cmadams.net
Wed Jan 4 04:03:31 UTC 2017

Once upon a time, Jim Kusznir <jim at palousetech.com> said:
> Are there known issues with VoIP on Ovirt-managed clusters?  (I know well
> reputed companies that sell VoIP server virtual hosting and guarantee the
> performance, so I know VoIP Virtualization is possible, just need to know
> if its recommended with Ovirt, and if so what do I need to do to give it
> the best chance of success?)

I am running Asteria (an Asterisk-based PBX system targeted at small
call-center type setups) in an oVirt VM with no problems.  We typically
have 30-50 calls at a time during the business day.

I've also set up Digium's Switchvox in an oVirt VM without issue (small
office setup, so not a lot of simultaneous calls).

--
Chris Adams <cma at cmadams.net>