[ovirt-users] Request for oVirt Ansible modules testing feedback

Yaniv Kaul ykaul at redhat.com
Wed Jan 4 11:30:38 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jan 4, 2017 at 1:04 PM, Nicolas Ecarnot <nicolas at ecarnot.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Le 04/01/2017 à 11:49, Nathanaël Blanchet a écrit :
>

>> Le 04/01/2017 à 10:09, Andrea Ghelardi a écrit :
>>

>>> Personally I don’t think ansible and ovirt-shell are mutually exclusive.
>>>
>>> Those who are in ansible and devops realms are not really scared by
>>> making python/ansible work with ovirt.
>>>
>>> From what I gather, playbooks are quite a de-facto pre-requisite to
>>> build up a real SaaC “Software as a Code” environment.
>>>

>>> On the other hand, ovirt-shell can and is a fast/easy way to perform
>>> “normal daily tasks”.
>>>
>>> totally agree but ovirt-shell is deprecated in 4.1 et will be removed in
>> 4.2. Ansible or sdk4 are proposed as an alternative.
>>

> Could someone point me to an URL where sdk4 is fully documented, as I have
> to get ready for ovirt-shell deprecation?

The Rest API is partially documented under https://<engine>/api/model .
It's not complete yet. All new features in 4.0 are documented and we are
working on the 'older' features now.
(contributions are welcome!)

> I'm sure no one at Redhat thought about deprecating a tool in favor of a
> new one before providing a complete user doc!

In addition, the SDK RPM itself contains many examples. See [1].
(contributions are welcome!)

Y.

[1] https://github.com/oVirt/ovirt-engine-sdk/tree/master/sdk/examples