[ovirt-users] Request for oVirt Ansible modules testing feedback

Juan Hernández jhernand at redhat.com
Wed Jan 4 14:41:27 UTC 2017

On 01/04/2017 12:30 PM, Yaniv Kaul wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 4, 2017 at 1:04 PM, Nicolas Ecarnot <nicolas at ecarnot.net
> <mailto:nicolas at ecarnot.net>> wrote:
>
>     Hello,
>
>     Le 04/01/2017 à 11:49, Nathanaël Blanchet a écrit :
>

>         Le 04/01/2017 à 10:09, Andrea Ghelardi a écrit :
>

>             Personally I don’t think ansible and ovirt-shell are
>             mutually exclusive.
>
>             Those who are in ansible and devops realms are not really
>             scared by
>             making python/ansible work with ovirt.
>
>             From what I gather, playbooks are quite a de-facto
>             pre-requisite to
>             build up a real SaaC “Software as a Code” environment.
>

>             On the other hand, ovirt-shell can and is a fast/easy way to
>             perform
>             “normal daily tasks”.
>
>         totally agree but ovirt-shell is deprecated in 4.1 et will be
>         removed in
>         4.2. Ansible or sdk4 are proposed as an alternative.
>

>     Could someone point me to an URL where sdk4 is fully documented, as
>     I have to get ready for ovirt-shell deprecation?
>

> The Rest API is partially documented under https://<engine>/api/model .
> It's not complete yet. All new features in 4.0 are documented and we are
> working on the 'older' features now.
> (contributions are welcome!)
>

>     I'm sure no one at Redhat thought about deprecating a tool in favor
>     of a new one before providing a complete user doc!
>

> In addition, the SDK RPM itself contains many examples. See [1].
> (contributions are welcome!)
>
> Y.
>
> [1] https://github.com/oVirt/ovirt-engine-sdk/tree/master/sdk/examples

Also the complete reference documentation of the Python SDK is available
here:

  http://ovirt.github.io/ovirt-engine-sdk/v4.0/4.0.3/index.html

There also SDKs for Ruby and Java, in case Python is not your preferred
language:

  Ruby:
  https://github.com/oVirt/ovirt-engine-sdk-ruby/tree/master/sdk
  https://github.com/oVirt/ovirt-engine-sdk-ruby/tree/master/sdk/examples